The success of any large event such as this relies on the good will of volunteers. To give special recognition to our “Roadie” volunteers we have a Road to California pin with a “Roadie” bar that can only be earned by volunteering 4 hours or more. Each year “Roadies” will receive a year bar to add to their special pin.
Priority Registration for the following year is an option for those serving six hours or more as a volunteer.
All volunteer positions require that you be in good physical health, with the ability to stand and walk for the two-hour shift. All volunteers must be 18 years or older for insurance requirements. It is an important part of the show and we need your help.
Road to California is pleased to offer quilt guilds an opportunity to display and sell tickets for their raffle quilts.
Up to six California* guilds may display their quilt each day.
If your guild is interested in displaying their quilt please click here to send in a request.
Road to California!!
Quilt and Special Exhibit Set Up:
• Assists with hanging of quilts and special exhibits.
• Agility and stamina required. May require working on ladders and standing for long periods of time.
• Tuesday evening 6 PM – 9 PM
• Wednesday 8 AM - – Noon
• Wednesday 1 PM – 5 PM
White glove opportunities:
• Volunteers greet visitors, circulate within assigned area, answer questions and show the backs of quilts.
• Ensure visitors do not touch quilts.
• Remain within assigned area and refrain from shopping during their shift.
• Report to Volunteer desk 15 minutes before starting time.
• Wear Black skirt or pants and white blouse.
• Minimum shift is 2 hours.
• Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 7 PM - 9 PM.
• Thursday - Saturday, January 18 – 20, 2018 - 9 AM - – 6:15 PM.
• Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10 AM - 3:45 PM.
Sit Down Opportunities:
• At the present time Road to California does not have any sit down opportunities.
Online Volunteer Registration Page!
• Login with your account.
• Go to online class registration.
• Change Miscellaneous Items to Volunteer Opportunities.
• Drag your desired times into the calendar and click REGISTER.
Below are the "perks" for a Road volunteer (VIQ is not an eligible position for the below perks):
• 2 Hours - Multi-Day Admission
• 4 Hours - Multi-Day Admission, Special Roadie Pin & 2018 bar
• 6 Hours - All of the above and choice of: Special Event or Lecture Ticket** or Priority Registration for the following year's Class Sessions (online only)
** Tickets subject to availability. Excludes Bus Trips.
Become a VIQ!
Very Important Quilter – our Faculty Aides:
To the maximum extent of the law, your attendance and participation, including that of your children and minors accompanying you, in any Road to California classes, events, lectures or tours paid for or not is conditioned on your agreement to hereby indemnify Road to California, its employees, volunteers, contractors from and never to make any claim for injury, loss or damage to you or your children and minors accompanying you against Road to California, its employees, volunteers and contractors, caused by its very own negligence, strict liability, or for any other reason. By signing the registration form, or registering on line, you agree to the above terms and conditions.