Important Information About All Classes
A separate online account or mail-in registration form and UNIQUE valid email address is required for each registrant. Telephone, fax or in-person registrations will not be accepted.
A $35 non-refundable registration fee is charged each individual who enrolls in one or more classes. This fee is not refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
Class enrollees do NOT need to purchase daily admission tickets.
As a courtesy we will include a badge for admission to classes, exhibits and vendors, a show program, and entrance to Preview Night. Registrations prior to January 9th will also receive a special gift, a Road pin and/or year bar. Cancellation of the entire conference registration will result in forfeiture of all courtesy gifts including the entry badge.
Email confirmations are sent to all registrants immediately after registration. Please bring this confirmation to the registration desk when you check in to receive your badge and other courtesy gifts. You may attend your class prior to picking up your badge, and special gifts at the Ontario Convention Center. Confirmations, badges, etc. are not sent by US mail.
To insure that everyone receives the maximum benefit from their 'Road' weekend, we have established the following guidelines.
• Please turn the sound "OFF" on all cellular phones and pagers when classes and lectures begin.
• Please do not wear excessive perfume.
• Dress in layers, some rooms can be cool while others are too warm.
• Be on time. If you are late, please try to catch up quietly and do not expect the teacher to start over.
• Bring all necessary items required on the supply list. Borrowing is distracting to both you and the other student.
• Do not expect a teacher to take time from the class to teach you something different.
• Do not take photographs or tape the class without consent.
• Please do not enter classes while in session.
• Handouts and other materials provided by the instructor are copyrighted. Please check with the instructor before sharing the workshop in any format with others.
To serve you better, we are using down-loadable supply lists. These lists are exact lists supplied by the instructor, thereby avoiding typos and omissions when we re-type them for publication. Click on the link below the class description.
Documents downloaded from this website require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Sewing Machine Policy:
Sewing machine companies have graciously provided machines in a wide variety of classes. Technicians will also be available in these classrooms. Personal machines are not allowed in classes where machines are furnished. Other classes may require that you bring your own machine. Please read class descriptions carefully.
Sewing machine rentals are not available.
• Mon-Wed Classes: 8am - 3pm (1 hour lunch break)
• Thurs-Sat Classes: 8am - 4pm. (2 hour lunch break)
• Sun Classes: 8am - 3pm (1 hour lunch lunch break)
• Half Day Classes:
• Morning Classes are from 8am - 12noon
• Afternoon Classes are from 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
• Evening Classes are from 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
NOTE: A few classes and events deviate from standard schedule. Class times will be noted on your confirmation letter.
Did you know that the class numbers have a "secret" meaning? Here is how you can decipher our class codes.
The first number indicates the day of the week that the class is held or in the case of multiple days the first day.
#1 is Monday, #2 is Tuesday, #3 is Wednesday and so on.
Example = 3005C is a Wednesday Class
The second number is usually 0 indicating the class is not a multiple day class. If the second number is 2 or higher, it is a multiple day class and the number
indicates the day the class ends using the #2 is Tuesday, #3 is Wednesday, system.
Example = 4601R The class is held Thursday through Saturday.
If the third number is a 6 then the class
is a night class.
Example = 4063C is a Thursday Evening class.
Other numbers in #3 spot
are part of the fourth number such as 11, 12, 13 etc.
Example = 5015C (Our evening special events and lectures do not follow this rule).
The fourth number is the actual number of
the class for that day and is usually assigned in
alphabetical order of the instructor's last name.
Example = 6015C is a Saturday class
The letter at the end indicates where the
class will be held. Example = 6012R
A = Ayres Hotel
C = Convention Center
D = DoubleTreeHotel
R = Radisson Hotel
N = North Annex
Become a VIQ!
Very Important Quilter – our Faculty Aides:
To the maximum extent of the law, your attendance and participation, including that of your children and minors accompanying you, in any Road to California classes, events, lectures or tours paid for or not is conditioned on your agreement to hereby indemnify Road to California, its employees, volunteers, contractors from and never to make any claim for injury, loss or damage to you or your children and minors accompanying you against Road to California, its employees, volunteers and contractors, caused by its very own negligence, strict liability, or for any other reason. By signing the registration form, or registering on line, you agree to the above terms and conditions.